This period country house dating from 1810, and designed by Architect Francis Webster, had been enlarged in 1835 by Architect George Webster to incorporate a high castellated tower. The stair for the original dwelling remained and was very poorly located for the enlarged dwelling. Our design allowed for extensive remodelling throughout the whole house and included forming a new feature stair in an appropriate location central within the dwelling and incorporating within that, opened up views and access into the previously isolated tower. An additional new wing and enclosed courtyard was also added that included a large orangery, new library, and new rear entrance with boot room. A pure minimalist glass to glass glazed link structure forms a sheltered inner courtyard whilst also allowing views out from the new and relocated kitchen through the feature courtyard and the glazed link to the Italianate Garden beyond.